To lead on race walking matters within the BMAF and represent Masters Race Walking within the UK race walking community.
The role is appointed annually at the AGM and is a member of the BMAF Executive Team.
Anticipated Time Commitment:
4 hours per event* plus attendance at the events. Plus time for BMAF Executive meetings and other related Executive discussion and work.
This is based on the 4 BMAF road championships being held within races organised by a third parties.
- Find and liaise with prospective organisers of suitable road walking races that could accommodate a BMAF championship (under A rules except the long-distance championship which may be under B rules).
- Work with the Comms and marketing Team to promote events via race walking and BMAF channels, prepare and publish post event reports and undertake other promotion of masters race-walking as required.
- Oversee BMAF Championships on the day, including the results of the masters competition and presentation making sure the event runs smoothly as planned.
- Order and supply BMAF medals for each Championship, if not co-ordinated centrally.
To be fully effective in this role it is envisaged that you will have:
- An understanding of the structure of race walking within the UK in order to identify suitable events that might be used for BMAF championships
- An understanding of the rules for staging a race walking event
- A passion for the sport and to give unpaid time for meetings and travel.
- Basic Computer skills.
Anyone wishing to stand for any of these positions must obtain a nomination from either the Council (representatives from the 11 Constituent Associations and Clubs), the Executive, or the Committee of any Constituent Association or Club. Anyone seeking a nomination from the Council should contact its Chairman email@example.com or anyone seeking a nomination from the Executive should contact its Honorary Secretary Bridget Cushen firstname.lastname@example.org. Each request for nomination should be submitted in time for consideration by one of the above mentioned bodies and the names of any nominees then submitted to the Honorary Secretary no later than 28th October.