Its purpose is to co-ordinate all Road Race matters on behalf of the BMAF by producing a holistic road race calendar including 1 mile, 5k, 10k, 10mile, Half, Full Marathon, Trail and the BMAF Road Relays.
The role is appointed annually at the AGM and is a member of the BMAF Executive Team.
Anticipated Time Commitment:
8-10 hours per week on average, with a minimum of 8 weekends allocated to the coordination and organisation of the events.
- To co-ordinate BMAF Road Race events by organising and delivery these themselves (with a small team to support) or by working with competition organisers to run safe and successful events. This will include planning, budgets and infrastructure.
- To work with BMAF Comms and Marketing team to promote the events
- Oversee BMAF Championships on the day, making sure the event runs smoothly as planned.
- Send a race report to Executive and Council post event.
- Plan a year ahead for future BMAF Championships.
- Order and supply BMAF medals for each Championship, if not co-ordinated centrally.
- To liaise with all key stakeholders to ensure that all Road Race Championships are a success.
To be fully effective in this role it is envisaged that you will have:
- Significant experience of organising and coordinating road race and trail events.
- A genuine team player approach
- A passion for the sport and to give unpaid time for meetings and events.
- Good IT skills.
- The interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders relevant to Masters Road Running in the United Kingdom.
Anyone wishing to stand for any of these positions must obtain a nomination from either the Council (representatives from the 11 Constituent Associations and Clubs), the Executive, or the Committee of any Constituent Association or Club. Anyone seeking a nomination from the Council should contact its Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org or anyone seeking a nomination from the Executive should contact its Honorary Secretary Bridget Cushen email@example.com. Each request for nomination should be submitted in time for consideration by one of the above mentioned bodies and the names of any nominees then submitted to the Honorary Secretary no later than 28th October.