The role is to deputise for the Chairperson or undertake tasks on behalf of the Chairperson as mutually agreed.
The role is appointed annually at the AGM and is a member of the BMAF Executive Team.
Anticipated Time Commitment:
1-2 hours per week on average but is variable and dependent on tasks delegated from the Chairperson.
The role may get involved in the followed activities, as required by the Chairperson:
- Deputising for the Chairperson in attending or chairing BMAF Executive and other internal meetings.
- To support the Chairperson as they require, including ensuring BMAF operates within the Constitution, addressing weaknesses etc.
- To deputise for the Chairperson when meeting with key stakeholders externally
- Support the Chairperson in providing general leadership by acting as an ambassador and figure head for BMAF.
- Take responsibility for being the Chair of the Council if they fail to appoint a Chair in accordance with the constitution.
- Leadership experience – with the ability to inspire those around them
- Management experience across a range of areas, roles or organisations, managing a diverse range of people/teams, processes, practices and policies etc.
- Experience in a voluntary or not-for-profit organisation is desirable.
- An excellent communicator who can represent the BMAF internally and externally if required and via a range of media.
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion of all.
- Be able to provide support and challenge in equal measure through a collaborative approach.
- Forward-thinking with a vision to help steer the change and strategic direction required for a body facing significant change and modernisation over the coming months and years.
- A passion or interest in sport (desirably in athletics although not essential).
- Basic IT skills
Anyone wishing to stand for any of these positions must obtain a nomination from either the Council (representatives from the 11 Constituent Associations and Clubs), the Executive, or the Committee of any Constituent Association or Club. Anyone seeking a nomination from the Council should contact its Chairman email@example.com or anyone seeking a nomination from the Executive should contact its Honorary Secretary Bridget Cushen firstname.lastname@example.org. Each request for nomination should be submitted in time for consideration by one of the above mentioned bodies and the names of any nominees then submitted to the Honorary Secretary no later than 28th October.